Scottish Gamers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary

3 posters

Go down

Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary  Empty Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Well guys I just realised today that on November 22nd 2010 the Xbox 360 will be five years old Very Happy

Just wanted to share with you guys my experience of the launch of the console in 2005

I remember when I first heard about the Xbox 360 around May when it was announced on MTV. I remember watching footage of some early games that were in development, the one that sticks out to mind the most was Perfect Dark Zero. I remember when I first seen footage of the game in action and I was literately blown away by how good the graphics looked, it was like nothing I had ever seen before, I remember I was in awe when I seen light reflecting off of the rocks, it was just so amazing.

On Christmas 2005 I managed to get myself an Xbox 360 which originally came with a 20GB hard drive which I actually used up until 2008 before getting a 60GB. Back on track though I remember getting Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong and Condemned: Criminal Origins. I completed PDZ in about 3 sittings and loved every minute of it, fair enough the voice acting sucks a little but the gameplay was fantastic and it was a solid shooter for its time, bear in mind this was before Call of Duty 4 was released which changed the way First Person Shooters are made in my opinion.

However, the one aspect about the Xbox 360 I loved was its initial launch in the United States in California. I used to be a member of Gamespot.com at the time and I watched videos of the Xbox 360 launch on their website. Microsoft had hired out a huge hangar for the event and it was full of Xbox 360’s and loads of games to play. If there was one video game console launch that I can remember, it has to be for the Xbox 360. I will post some pictures below this post.

So guys, what was your first reaction to the Xbox 360 and what games did you play?

Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary  Picture041Custom
Xbox 360 Zero Hour floor

Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary  006
Two random guys holding their first Xbox 360's

Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary  5535-500-333
The front of the hangar

Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary  51150088YRL
Perfect Dark Zero, my first Xbox 360 title Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/jackgordon38

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary  Empty Re: Xbox 360 5 Year Anniversary

Post  ShadowDante58 Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:18 am

Upon release, I wasn't too bothered about the 360. When I heard DMC4 was avalible only for that and the PS3 though, I decided that I should get one just for the sake of DMC4. Christmas, can't remember which year exactly, I get me a xbox 360 and a copy of DMC4. Was so chuffed. Razz
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  EggmanJunior Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:24 pm

I didnt get my Xbox 360 until December 2007 but I played it at my best friends house all the time, I remember when Saints Row was being talked about alot months before its release and everyone was saying it's gonna be better than GTA and ended up well....not. But I remember watching my mate playing Oblivion and It Blew me to SHREDS!!!. The graphics at the time were Outstanding and the gameplay looked like nothing i'd ever seen before. Admittedly when i played it at his house I hadnt the slightest clue what to do but I have it to this day and it stands as one of my favourite games ever
EggmanJunior
EggmanJunior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down