Scottish Gamers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Over-rated game

4 posters

Go down

Most Over-rated game  Empty Most Over-rated game

Post  EggmanJunior Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Personally I think Half Life 2 is pretty damn over-rated. I played it for about 2-3 hours and too me it just seems like another generic FPS. There doesnt seem to be anything that sets it apart from other FPS's never mind other games. I know it came out in 2004 and I guess the graphics for then are excellent. The gameplay though just seems slow, sluggish and pretty repetitive. I have never played the 1st game but apparently it was revolutionary. Half Life 2 has 96% on Meta critic and too me thats ridiculously over-rated. I havn't given up on it yet but my Xbox 360 is broken so I cant play it. For the record I Have the Orange Box. Portal is.....AWSOME ! but Half Life 2 is......OVER-RATED!

So what do you guys think, do you agree or disagree with me? and what games do you think are over-rated ?
EggmanJunior
EggmanJunior

Back to top Go down

Most Over-rated game  Empty Re: Most Over-rated game

Post  ShadowDante58 Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:35 pm

GTA4. Haters gonna hate.
I sat and played it for a lil' while, it just felt like I was playing another same ol' GTA game. It didn't seem like anything really genuinely new and groundbreaking was added.
In a magazine I was reading, the company that makes the magazine rated it as the best 360 game ever made, earning 96% out of 100. This wasn't an old issue, it was after the release of MW2. Why is it up there? Sad
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

There are a lot of overrated titles I could talk about but, the one that sticks out in my mind like a sore thumb is also Grand Theft Auto IV, fair enough it was a good game in its own right but, really I just couldn't get into it and I didn't like the characters at all. I started to lose interest of the GTA series after 3 to be honest.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/jackgordon38

Back to top Go down

Post  EggmanJunior Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 am

I think GTA IV is an amazingly designed game and its fun but the missions are too frustrating.
Also what do you guys think about Half Life 2?
EggmanJunior
EggmanJunior

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 am

I loved Half-Life 2 to be honest with you, it was probably one of the best FPS's I have played on the PC in years, I will admit that it took a while to get into but, when you did it was absolutely awesome. For the time the graphics were really nice and the gameplay was pretty good to, apart from maybe the odd frustrating bug.

Other than that though the game was a winner, I remember hating it at first because it was a tad slow but, I remember getting sent home from school one day for being "medically unfit" lol and I sat down and played Half-Life 2 for about 5 hours straight and it was one of the greatest gaming sessions I have had in a while Very Happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/jackgordon38

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:23 pm

I've never played HL2.
I had a loan of the Orange Box once, but Portal had me way to addicted to play HL.
I wanna get the OB and try it and TF2 out though. Razz
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Most Over-rated game  Empty Infamous (PS3)

Post  Footloose20005 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:43 am

I bought the 1st Infamous game for the PS3 about 3 months ago and for some reason it got boring very quickly, despite all the amazing reviews that it got, i'm so glad it only cost me £5
Footloose20005
Footloose20005

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down