Tomb Raider Franchise - What are your thoughts?

Go down

Tomb Raider Franchise - What are your thoughts?

Post  Admin on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 am

Was just watching a video of Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation on Youtube and it made me wonder what you guys thought of the series.

I personally have a love hate view on the series. I think most of the games are well built games but, I always found them to be either way to frustrating or just badly designed in some places. I tried playing Tomb Raider 3 a couple of months back and I had my arse handed to me in the first level but, you can't beat running around in Lara's home which was always my favourite part of the games.

I personally think the series started to go downhill after The Last Revelation, and The Angel of Darkness was an utter shambles if you ask me, I still to this day don't know how I played through that game on the PC with a keyboard Razz

On the other hand though, I thought the newer games such as Legend, Anniversary and Underworld were all decent games and I like the way Crystal Dynamics took the series, Lara was already being run into the ground and it was about time someone stepped in and changed the series and spice it up a little, with of course staying close to the source material which was Lara Croft herself.

If you guys keep up with news then you will know that a new Tomb Raider title is in the making which is intended to reboot the series AGAIN, not a bad thing as it actually looks like a promising title which is supposedly different to any Tomb Raider title that we have seen before which will involve the use of an open world and a cover based mechanic system-like Gears of War or Uncharted.

Personally to wrap this up, I think my favourite game in the series is probably Tomb Raider 1 or 3, they were both really built games but, I won't deny they were both very flawed in some areas and it's not really a game I would like to go back and play today to be honest however, It will remain as a solid memory from my gaming youth for a long time.

So what about you guys, what is your favourite game in the series?

Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/jackgordon38

Back to top Go down

Re: Tomb Raider Franchise - What are your thoughts?

Post  Footloose20005 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 am

I also have a love/Hate realationship with the Tomb Raider games

I don't really like the look of the newer games, i feel that there is too much jumping around from platform to platform which is not my kind of thing

As for Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, Chronicles and The Last Revalation, i quite like them, but i get lost far too easy in them

My favourite would probably have to be Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider Chronicles Smile
Footloose20005

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Truth be told, I've never been really big on Tomb Raider. Haters gonna hate.

I have The Last Revelation on PS1, and it was pretty good, although it was impossible for me to even advance past training at that age.
Angel of Darkness for PS2 was pretty good, but I found that pretty solid aswell.
Picked up Legend pretty cheap, and I loved it. I'm actually 1 achievement off the full completion.

So yeah, thats my TR legacy summed up. Razz
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Truth be told, I've never been really big on Tomb Raider. Haters gonna hate.

I have The Last Revelation on PS1, and it was pretty good, although it was impossible for me to even advance past training at that age.
Angel of Darkness for PS2 was pretty good, but I found that pretty solid aswell.
Picked up Legend pretty cheap, and I loved it. I'm actually 1 achievement off the full completion.

So yeah, thats my TR legacy summed up. Razz
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down