Scottish Gamers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scariest moment you have had in a video game

+2
ShadowDante58
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Scariest moment you have had in a video game  Empty Scariest moment you have had in a video game

Post  Admin Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Just thought I would start this thread whilst I was thinking of horror games Razz

So the question is;

What is your scariest moment you have experienced whilst playing a video game?

I would probably say my scariest moment was back in 2004ish when I was playing Eternal Darkness on my Nintendo Gamecube.

Basically what happened was I walked into the bathroom in this haunted house and clicked on the bathtub, only for it to trigger a zooming jump scare of your character lying in the bath in a pull of her own blood.

At the time I just about wet myself, but looking back it still makes me laugh to this day

Here is an attached video, try play it with the lights off and your speakers on high lol

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/jackgordon38

Back to top Go down

Scariest moment you have had in a video game  Empty Re: Scariest moment you have had in a video game

Post  ShadowDante58 Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Never played Eternal Darkness before, but I just watched that clip there. Jesus christ. That scream made me jump, I gotta admit.

My biggest scare without a shadow of a doubt is this.
>Playing Silent Hill 4, around 12 or 13 years old.
>Hospital world.
>Open a door. Nothing has happened thus far, so I didn't expect much of it.
>Walk forward to see a HUGE bloodied face staring right at me. The eyes even follow you.
>Looked away, system and everything off.

To this day, I've still never completed that game. Its fucking terrifying. Actually, in the related videos for that Eternal Darkness clip, theres a video called ''the face of silent hill 4''. Thats it. Imagine seeing that at a young age.

Crying or Very sad
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Scariest moment you have had in a video game  Empty Re: Scariest moment you have had in a video game

Post  Admin Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Lol it's even more terrifying when you don't know it's coming Smile

And bloody hell I just looked up the video there and Jesus I can see where you are coming from now mate, If I had seen that I would have shat myself Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:55 pm

I was scared for days on end. Had trouble sleeping and shit. Yeah, I suck at horrors, haters gonna hate. Razz

ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

Back to top Go down

Post  StarsAreDead1009 Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 am

Lol, I really couldn't think, I havn't played much horror games since I've entered my teens, but When I was younger I used to put my games in a CD case and put the boxs out of the way to save some room, meaning I couldn't look at the back of the box to see what surprise I was in for.

There was this one horror game on the PS1 that frightened the life out of me, I can't remember what the game, but you could chose to be a man or a woman and after about 20 minutes of playing it, I hid it under my bed and never played it again, haha
StarsAreDead1009
StarsAreDead1009

Back to top Go down

Post  EggmanJunior Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 pm

The whole of Batman Arkham Asyum was scary and when I was younger me and my best mate played the demo for Project Zero and we literally shat ourselves
EggmanJunior
EggmanJunior

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 pm

StarsAreDead1009 wrote:There was this one horror game on the PS1 that frightened the life out of me, I can't remember what the game, but you could chose to be a man or a woman and after about 20 minutes of playing it, I hid it under my bed and never played it again, haha

Alone in the Dark : A New Nightmare?
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

Back to top Go down

Post  StarsAreDead1009 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm

ShadowDante58 wrote:
StarsAreDead1009 wrote:There was this one horror game on the PS1 that frightened the life out of me, I can't remember what the game, but you could chose to be a man or a woman and after about 20 minutes of playing it, I hid it under my bed and never played it again, haha

That may be it
StarsAreDead1009
StarsAreDead1009

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:31 pm

StarsAreDead1009 wrote:
ShadowDante58 wrote:

That may be it

At the start, you need to pick between a guy and a girl. If you pick the guy, you start in a forest. The girl starts on a roof. Such a scary game. Playing it the other day, I still jamp every five minutes. Sad
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 pm

EggmanJunior wrote:when I was younger me and my best mate played the demo for Project Zero and we literally shat ourselves

I recently played Project Zero 2 and I shat myself something awful lol Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Project Zero is terrifying. I want PZ2 though, apparently its scarier.
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

Back to top Go down

Scariest moment you have had in a video game  Empty Scariest Moment.

Post  Alexander Dergousov Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:19 am

Damn, that video made me jump.

I can't say what was my scariest moment, but i can say that the original Silent Hill scared the living Jesus out of me back in 2000 (i was 6 years old, lol)
Silent Hill will always be in my memories, especially the times when me and my friends played it together in the dark.

Alexander Dergousov

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:58 am

Alexander Dergousov wrote:Damn, that video made me jump.

I can't say what was my scariest moment, but i can say that the original Silent Hill scared the living Jesus out of me back in 2000 (i was 6 years old, lol)
Silent Hill will always be in my memories, especially the times when me and my friends played it together in the dark.

Oh man I remember playing Silent Hill when I was a kid too, I used to play it in the dark with my brother and it scared the hell out of me lol. I think Silent Hill is the scariest in the series, two comes close but that was more creepy than scary in my opinion.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EggmanJunior Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 am

This part is scary and I didnt expect this when I first played through it
EggmanJunior
EggmanJunior

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Jesus, Batman with a scare moment in it? Never thought I'd see the day.

That was creepy though Razz
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

Back to top Go down

Post  Footloose20005 Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:33 am

I have been scared a lot of times in games, but Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare creeps me the hell out, i always get shivers and experience fear playing that game lol

I should LP it lol
Footloose20005
Footloose20005

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Footloose20005 wrote:I have been scared a lot of times in games, but Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare creeps me the hell out, i always get shivers and experience fear playing that game lol

I should LP it lol

Do it. Would be hellishly funny man. Very Happy
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

Back to top Go down

Post  Footloose20005 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:25 am

I probably will let's play it then, even though i will be doing affraid every 5 seconds lol
Footloose20005
Footloose20005

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 am

Footloose20005 wrote:I probably will let's play it then, even though i will be doing affraid every 5 seconds lol

True that, it's such a terrifying game, definetly up there on my list of top horrors
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down