Scottish Gamers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most emotional moment in a game?

4 posters

Go down

Most emotional moment in a game? Empty Most emotional moment in a game?

Post  Archaon Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:20 am

So yeah, just wondering what kind of responses this gets, whether its tears, anger, happiness, whatever.

For myself, it'll either have to be Final Fantasy IX, Metal Gear 1, or Metal Arms : Glitch in the System.

Final Fantasy IX's ending set me off, and its weird that every time I play it and hit the ending, I still cry. Its sad, yet its really happy at the same time. Will not spoil for those wanting to play, which you all should do, now. Very Happy

Metal Gear, I played when I was a small child, basically I got a demo of it in a magazine, loved it and begged the mother for months to get me it. The plot and talks through it really opened my eyes to everything, and theres still one quote I'll always remember throughout my entire life.
"Snake, I wanted to ask you something. Do you think that love... Can bloom on the battlefield?"
R.I.P. Sniper Wolf, Otacon will miss you <3

And as for Metal Arms, I just had this huge huge feeling of joy and such when I beat it, just simply because of the size of challenge that you have to face. For those not sure what I mean, youtube search Metal Arms General Corrosive. My god. Again, as a kid, it was a huge challenge.

So yeah, share your moments, I wanna know what you guys have "gone through", so to speak. I have a feeling I'm gonna see at least one "Aerith / aeris death" Razz
Archaon
Archaon

Back to top Go down

Most emotional moment in a game? Empty Re: Most emotional moment in a game?

Post  EggmanJunior Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 am

Sadness - The ending of Halo 3 left an emotional touch on me because I had grown up playing Halo since the 1st one came out and It was the end of the main trilogy and the end of an outstanding game.

Joy- Because I am a massive Star Wars fan I played Star Wars Battlefront, loved it, and when the 2nd game was being announced I couldnt stop watching trailers and looking up every detail of it online. When I was with my Gran in the town centre (EK shopping centre) I saw it in GAME and because it was like a month before my birthday my Gran bought it for me as an early birthday present and I have never been more excited for a video game like this. I popped it in my PS2 and played it constantly and still love it too this day.

Anger - I get angry at games all the time, but when I was playing FIFA 10 one time I was dominating this guy online but he scored a lucky goal so I decided to throw my controller across the room and shatter it basically. I still have it with me, its missing 3 Trigger buttons.
EggmanJunior
EggmanJunior

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDante58 Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 am

Archaon wrote:Metal Gear, I played when I was a small child, basically I got a demo of it in a magazine, loved it and begged the mother for months to get me it. The plot and talks through it really opened my eyes to everything, and theres still one quote I'll always remember throughout my entire life.
"Snake, I wanted to ask you something. Do you think that love... Can bloom on the battlefield?"
R.I.P. Sniper Wolf, Otacon will miss you <3

I mind that bit, felt sorry for Otacon Razz

MW2. Ghost and Roach died. Manly tears everywhere. Also, Gears 2 when Dom found Maria was pretty sad aswell I thought.

Most rage enticing thing ever was the Mr. Perfect achievement in MM10. Beat the whole game without getting touched. The boss warp room had me going for about a month. Fuckers. Razz
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:45 pm

This was a really tough one to be honest with you as I have had many emotional moments when I have been playing games and, I think the vast majority of you have as well.

I remember playing Final Fantasy VIII when I was a kid and the romance scene between Squall and Rinoa in space didn't really hit me at all - as I was still young at the time. However, I played it not so long ago and when I came to that scene again I literately shred a small tear, the scene was very beautifully crafted and although I will admit I don't get really emotional playing games, I couldn't help but shred a small tear.
Also once again with Squall and Rinoa I found the dance scene at the beginning of the game to also be quite moving as well, as with the romance scene this one was also very well done and made you more and more caring over the characters.

Other than that I never really cry to be honest, not even in real life, it's just not what I do to be honest so in that case... sorry Razz

As for a matter on interest to you all here is the scene's I'm talking about.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/jackgordon38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down