Scottish Gamers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Video Game Stores

3 posters

Go down

Independent Video Game Stores Empty Independent Video Game Stores

Post  Admin Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Hey guys

I was watching an old episode of videoGaiden a couple of weeks ago when I seen an old shot of a video game store I used to go to in the West End of Glasgow. Just wanted to share some of my memories of the place here and to see if any of you guys had once strolled in as I did.

Independent Video Game Stores Image
This is De courcy's arcade, home to CA Games and other independent shops and Beanscene Smile

Well basically this was one of the few independent video game stores in Glasgow however, it closed sometime in 2007 and I was pretty gutted to be honest, I loved going there a lot. For a start the place was called CA Games and was located in De courcy's Arcade just off Byres Road near Glasgow University. It was a very small shop but, there was something very special about it. They were one of the few shops at the time that sold import video games and lot's of cool stuff. I remember buying all my Final Fantasy games there as they got the import copy's from the United States and Japan much much earlier than we did.

It also had a certain something that most independent video game stores don't have which is, great customer service. I remember it was a couple of guys that ran the shop. There was the owner who was in every now and then, and their was another guy with red hair who I remember speaking to a lot when I was in looking at their latest imports. They were always wiling to help and they were both gamers like myself so we would talk a lot about games we liked to play-unlike when you walk into GAME nowadays and half the assistants are brain dead.

Overall It was one of my favourite shops in Glasgow and I really hope they come back someday as it was probably the last awesome game store in Glasgow, there is G-Force which I will admit is a little shitty nowadays, most of their staff are horrible including this cunt of a women who is so miserable it's unbelievable. CA Games was the only place to go for import video games and, it's small atmosphere and awesome staff made it a great and memorable place to shop.

So what about you guys, if you were in the West End of Glasgow did you ever go to CA Games?
I'm sure most of you won't but EggmanJunior and ShadowDante might have themselves.

Here are some pictures from videoGaiden, the shop is in the background sorry for the shit photos but that's all there is really

Independent Video Game Stores 5187801081_b2529058b9
CA Games - Glasgow by Jackgordon38
Here is Rab doing an episode in the store, you can see a lot of awesome games in the background

Independent Video Game Stores 5188402266_e12b7e16d4
CA Games - Glasgow by Jackgordon38
This was the front of the store.

Thanks
Jack

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/jackgordon38

Back to top Go down

Independent Video Game Stores Empty Re: Independent Video Game Stores

Post  ShadowDante58 Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:59 am

Can't say as I've ever been in that shop before. Well, when it was open. I'l hand it to you though that it did look like a pretty badass shop in the pictures. There's literally games everywhere.

I ain't a big fan of G-Force Glasgow either to be honest. The staff don't seem that enthusiastic. G-Force in Motherwell though is my favourite shop to buy shizz from. The guy often gives me discounts cause I've been buying from there for years. Talk about customer service. Razz
ShadowDante58
ShadowDante58

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowDante58?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  EggmanJunior Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:55 pm

never been there before mate, looks awsome though and your right about GAME employees theyre idiot's. I buy all my games in east kilbride and ive found some awsome deals before but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still like £37 or something and I want it badly.
EggmanJunior
EggmanJunior

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 pm

ShadowDante58 wrote:Can't say as I've ever been in that shop before. Well, when it was open. I'l hand it to you though that it did look like a pretty badass shop in the pictures. There's literally games everywhere.

I ain't a big fan of G-Force Glasgow either to be honest. The staff don't seem that enthusiastic. G-Force in Motherwell though is my favourite shop to buy shizz from. The guy often gives me discounts cause I've been buying from there for years. Talk about customer service. Razz

Best gaming shop in Glasgow definitely Smile
I wouldn't be surprised if you had never been in before, it was pretty well hidden and you wouldn't expect to find a shop like it near the University.

I'm beginning to hate G-Force in Glasgow, there is only one decent guy that works there now all the rest are clueless and their is the one women who is a cunt Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 pm

EggmanJunior wrote:never been there before mate, looks awsome though and your right about GAME employees theyre idiot's. I buy all my games in east kilbride and ive found some awsome deals before but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is still like £37 or something and I want it badly.

Yeah I hate GAME to be honest, it used to be really quite good but, ever since the Xbox 360 came out they have started to go down hill I think.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down